[geclipse-user] Re: [calice-vo-users] g-Eclipse

Hello Lars,

> that was it, listing of the ce's and se's works now. The rest should do
> as well, not really tested yet. for other users here in short:
> @ "window / Preference / g-Eclipse / VO Declarations" enter
> "ldap://grid-bdii.desy.de:2170"; as Information System Endpoint
>
> Btw: is there a chance to edit the central repository, so that other
> users don't have to do that manually? The rest of the CALCICE VO is
> entered, but this info is missing.

yes!
Your VO administrator (the one/s who is/are registered as admin of the
Calice VO in the CIC portal
https://cic.gridops.org/index.php?section=vo&page=homepage&subpage=#vo_selection
) can do that.

You should enter the  string  ldap://grid-bdii.desy.de:2170  as
  "prefered core service" in the VO config.

There is an issue however:
i see that the Calice VO already has a prefered LFC defined.

However the structure of that field in the CIC database is completely
"free"... Mathias was time ago in contact with the CIC guys to get them to
formalize a structure of that entry but nothing happened yet.
This means nobody tells you how to enter two services there (that field is
just a string and not an XML element)... As far as i see from our code we
don't try to handle the case of two different services...
Mathias will correct me here, we could change that to handle servers
separated in some agreed way as long as the CIC webpage allows to enter
that separator (newline?), but having some decision from the CIC side would
be more helpful!

Cheers, Ariel

Back to the top