RE: [geclipse-user] Re: [calice-vo-users] g-Eclipse

> However the structure of that field in the CIC database is completely
> "free"... Mathias was time ago in contact with the CIC guys to get them to
> formalize a structure of that entry but nothing happened yet.
> This means nobody tells you how to enter two services there (that field is
> just a string and not an XML element)... As far as i see from our code we
> don't try to handle the case of two different services...
> Mathias will correct me here,

No need for that so far ;-)

> we could change that to handle servers
> separated in some agreed way as long as the CIC webpage allows to enter
> that separator (newline?), but having some decision from the CIC side would
> be more helpful!

Pfuh, maybe not the worst idea at all. If the CIC guys are not able to come up with something reasonable we can define the g-Eclipse style of that field in order to satisfy our users. Anyways, a plain separated server list may not be enough. I would prefer a structuring similar to:

[type]:[protocol]://FQHN:port
ie
info(or better bdii?):ldap://myserver:8888

separated by whatever character. The type field allows g-Eclipse to determine the type of service. Should be not too hard to implement and should be backward compatible with the old form (which is just a single entry of the for protocol://FQHN:port).

Cheers, Mathias

Back to the top