Re: [epp-dev] Future of Rust/Corrosion in EPP

> On Feb 5, 2021, at 17:11, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No they are not. And it's not a matter of perception but a matter of definition.

Oh, I think now I understand the problem. Thanks for the additional context.

> I'd like to see the discussion focused on technical aspects: can we technically keep EDP producing packages that fit the constraint of eclipse.org/download & SimRel and also ship the Rust package at the same time? If yes, we should opt for it, to increase the value EPP offers to projects.

That's something that I don't understand. Why do we need a focus on technical aspects here? Let me rephrase a point I made before: I don't believe EPP should create technical workarounds for problems which are created by a specific project not wanting to join the simultaneous release.

I don't think this is the right discussion. I think the discussion should happen on the rust project dev list whether the projects wants to continue having an EPP package or not.

Yes, there may be value from an EPP perspective but if argument is the only base for decisions you will end up with endless work (eg., hey, you have this workaround for rust, can you create another for project foo, oh and here is another project, oh and what about this project, ....).

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/