Re: [egit-dev] Difference between Compare with HEAD and Index

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Lay, Stefan <stefan.lay@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>One big problem with the current implementation in Gerrit (besides it being
>> months old because I have been busy with 4.x :)) that Robin pointed out is
>> that it only covers the Eclipse workspace. Hence, it is not an actual
>> reflection of the staging area as it cannot show stuff that's not known by
>> the Eclipse workspace
>
> That is a good point. At the moment also the commit dialog only supports the
> user to commit changes found below existing projects. This leads to the fact
> that the deletion of a project cannot be committed. We have to find a way to
> include changes outside the eclipse workspace to the commit dialog and to
> the staging view.

As far as I test that, this seams to be limitation in Team Framework
or even in Eclipse it selfs. It is just impossible to display file
that isn't imported into workspace in eg. Synchronize view or Compare
view (even when we are using change set's). For now I don't have any
idea how we could bypass this issue.

--
Best regards

GSM: +48 695 192 160