RE: [egit-dev] Difference between Compare with HEAD and Index

From: egit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:egit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Remy Suen
Sent: Mittwoch, 25. August 2010 15:33
To: egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [egit-dev] Difference between Compare with HEAD and Index

>One big problem with the current implementation in Gerrit (besides it being months old because I have been busy with 4.x :)) that Robin pointed out is that it only covers the Eclipse workspace. Hence, it is not an actual reflection of the staging area as it cannot show stuff that's not known by the Eclipse workspace

That is a good point. At the moment also the commit dialog only supports the user to commit changes found below existing projects. This leads to the fact that the deletion of a project cannot be committed. We have to find a way to include changes outside the eclipse workspace to the commit dialog and to the staging view.

Stefan

Back to the top