Re: [egit-dev] Difference between Compare with HEAD and Index

On 08/25/2010 03:24 PM, Lay, Stefan wrote:
>> In my humble opinion we should have single place where user can review
>> changes that was made in repository and "prepare" commit.
>
> Maybe it is a good idea not to add another view. I'm however a bit skeptical if we can find a good way to bring the staging concept into the synchronize view. The synchronize API supposes a local
state (L), a remote state (R) and a common base (B).
> L     R
>  \   /
>   \ /

This apples for "normal synchronize" that extends SubscriberParticipant. This implementation relays on Local-Base-Remote compare ... but in synchronization model we don't have this limitation. Actual
Change Set implementation doesn't have this implementation.

Actually adding stage support for Change Set is very easy. We should only add new class eg. GitModelIndex that will extends GitModelObject and implement getChildren() method that it will be reading
data from git index. Currently I faced problem with DirCacheIterator because it won't work in non recursive mode and actual Change Set implementation require build full path to file using GitModelTree
and GitModelBLob blocks and each block should have corresponding git object.

--
Best regards

GSM: +48 695 192 160
Blog: http://luksza.org