Re: [egit-dev] Difference between Compare with HEAD and Index

(nb: Please try to line wrap before 80 columns in your emails,
     it makes quoting easier for those of us who like 1980s style
     email clients called "mutt")

Dariusz Luksza <dariusz.luksza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Currently I faced problem with
> DirCacheIterator because it won't work in non recursive mode

Eh?  It will work in non-recursive mode.  You just can't always get
an ObjectId for a tree.  If the index contains higher stage records
that aren't stage 0 you can't compute the ObjectId of that directory.

But we should be able to compute the ObjectId for trees where all
records are at stage 0.  Of course "we should be able to" is just
theoretical, the implementation isn't complete yet...

--
Shawn.

Back to the top