Re: [egit-dev] Difference between Compare with HEAD and Index

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Remy Suen <remysuen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When you think about the 'Synchronize' view, you often think about
> outgoing/incoming changes.

Actually when I think about 'Synchronize' view, I only think about
comparing two repositories and for me it is unimportant what 'kind' of
changes there would be. There are some cases that there would be only
incoming changes, there are also situations that there would be only
outgoing changes and of course both are also possible. In my opinion
we should treat staging area as a very private "CVS like" repository
where only we can write to.

Also in case of in comparing two branches, the source branch should be
treat like CVS server that contains current source code pattern. In my
opinion this approach is the easiest on for implementation and also to
understood for new users that use to use CVS/SVN.

--
Best regards

GSM: +48 695 192 160
Blog: http://luksza.org