Re: [egit-dev] Difference between Compare with HEAD and Index

Robin Rosenberg <robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just thinking alound..... You can look at HEAD as the common version
> with local and index as forks from HEAD. When you stage you pick
> you changes from local over to the index. Nothing strange there is
> it?
>
>  L   S
>   \ /

The difference you often look at is L-S (what haven't I staged
yet), not L-H.  That's what I (and most users) care about when
actually using the staging area.  You aren't really getting that
above are you?

Or does the view offer an L-S difference in addition to L-H and S-H?

--
Shawn.

Back to the top