Re: [egit-dev] Difference between Compare with HEAD and Index

2010/8/25 Dariusz Luksza <dariusz.luksza@xxxxxxxxx>
On 08/25/2010 02:48 PM, Lay, Stefan wrote:
> I fully agree with what Remy said. We should restart our endeavour to add a staging view to EGit. There still is the proposal of Remy in the pipeline: http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,716. Additionally we should support the commit of staged changes (bugs 309359, 310128).

Actually I've plan to add support for displaying staged and unstaged changes to change set in synchronization view. This is on my TODO list next after bug fixing and mylyn integration.

In my humble opinion we should have single place where user can review changes that was made in repository and "prepare" commit.

Later we also want to be able to move single hunks back and forth between working tree and index from EGit.
This will be handy especially when we add support for rebase -i to edit patch series.

--
Matthias

Back to the top