Re: [egit-dev] How to build [EJ]Git?

Am 06.01.2010 23:47, schrieb Jason van Zyl:
> But insofar as being locked out JGit using Maven means that folks
> using IDEA, Netbeans and Eclipse can hack on JGit with a great degree of
> support. If you used PDE Build, for example you would immediately
> lockout IDEA and Netbeans users. At least I don't think there is any PDE
> Build support in IDEA and Netbeans, correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think so. In order to hack on JGit I souldn't need Maven, PDE
Build or Buckminster (btw, PDE Build != PDE Tooling). I just need an
editor and a Java compiler. Most IDEs come with both. One IDE might have
better support for setting up the classpath but that's an IDE specific
part which should not influence how other IDE users are used to work in
their environment.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht