[egit-dev] How to build [EJ]Git?

With the danger of proving I'm stupid, I present the following problem.

So, red crosses all over the place now.  Obviously PEBKAC, but once I could
just import the projects into Eclipse and it just builds. Now it doesn't
"just" compile anymore.

I imported the projects using maven scm import but it doesnt' build:

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
Bundle 'org.eclipse.jgit.junit' cannot be resolved	MANIFEST.MF
org.eclipse.egit.core.test/META-INF	line 14	Plug-in Problem
Constants.GIT_CEILING_DIRECTORIES_KEY cannot be resolved	GitTestCase.java
org.eclipse.egit.core.test/src/org/eclipse/egit/core/test	line 34	Java Problem
Constants.GIT_CEILING_DIRECTORIES_KEY cannot be resolved	RepositoryFinder.java
org.eclipse.egit.core/src/org/eclipse/egit/core/project	line 71	Java Problem
MockSystemReader cannot be resolved to a type	Activator.java
org.eclipse.egit.core.test/src/org/eclipse/egit/core/test	line 41	Java Problem
MockSystemReader cannot be resolved to a type	GitTestCase.java
org.eclipse.egit.core.test/src/org/eclipse/egit/core/test	line 33	Java Problem
The import org.eclipse.jgit.junit cannot be resolved	Activator.java
org.eclipse.egit.core.test/src/org/eclipse/egit/core/test	line 12	Java Problem
The import org.eclipse.jgit.junit cannot be resolved	GitTestCase.java
org.eclipse.egit.core.test/src/org/eclipse/egit/core/test	line 21	Java Problem
The method getHumanishName() is undefined for the type URIish
CloneDestinationPage.java
org.eclipse.egit.ui/src/org/eclipse/egit/ui/internal/clone	line 308	Java
Problem

What seems to happen is that it seems it finds a JGit outside my workspace.
Shouldn't my projects
in the workspace take precedence over anything else? How do I make sure the
right  jgit gets picked?

I've tried a few other options with basically the same result, sometimes the
jgit pgm project couldn't be built either.

-- robin

Back to the top