Re: [egit-dev] How to build [EJ]Git?

On 2010-01-06, at 7:12 PM, Robin Rosenberg wrote:

> Could we get back to the basic problem? Developing JGit + EGit in Eclipse
> is busted right now.

We're already working on it. A mechanism for importing Tycho projects into Eclipse as PDE projects will likely show up in Github tomorrow (m2eclipse-tycho).

> My pragmatic suggestion is that we restore the Eclipse files until such time
> that a stable Maven can be used cleanly with Eclipse and without.

Sounds reasonable.

> Meanwhile the Maven stuff support gets tuned in a branch of its own.

Whatever works for you guys.

Also note that we plan to move M2Eclipse to Git fairly soon so it's also really important for us that this be a single action to get hacking on JGit/EGit.