Re: [dash-dev] Maven wiki page and suggested repository layout

On 03/20/2011 10:04 AM, Alex Blewitt wrote:
At no time anything from Eclipse is compiled or built on
maven.eclipse.org, so no artifacts need to be downloaded from Central by
a machine located in the eclipse.org network.
I think David was talking about build farm machines in the Eclipse network, rather than on the maven.eclipse.org machine itself. David, correct me if I'm wrong.

When you build Eclipse bundles with Tycho, you need p2 repos (which
includes Orbit bundles). No Central here, either.
But Tycho needs non-Orbit, non-P2 dependencies to get up in the morning. Tycho itself has dependencies.

In fact, you must not use anything from Central directly since that
would violate Eclipse's IP rules. If you need something from Central, it
must be through Orbit.

Right. I'm talking about the jobs and projects that are running on the Eclipse Hudson build farm. Not outside projects. These should use the maven.eclipse.org to get artifacts. I just setup the WTP XSL and WTP PsychoPath processor builds running at hudson.eclipse.org/hudson to use maven.eclipse.org to fetch all their artifacts.

Dave

Back to the top