Re: [dash-dev] Maven wiki page and suggested repository layout

Am 19.03.2011 00:00, schrieb Alex Blewitt:

> This would leave:
>
> * Releases
> * Maven central
> * Central m1 shadow

Why mirror central? People should set up their own proxy. I'd vote that
our public Nexus server only serves Eclipse stuff.

If *we* need stuff, we should set up a second, internal Nexus server
which isn't visible to the public.

If the things we publish need something that is hard to find, either add
the necessary rules in the POM or put that in a "thirdparty" repo on
Nexus (so everything comes from a single source).

> We might want to temporarily have a 'testing' repository so we can publish e.g. the trial work that Aaron has been doing.

The testing repo should be permanent but things in there should be
purged after a while (say three-six months).

And as said in the other mails, we need repos for nightly, integration
and milestone builds.

The reason why I want to separate those:

1. I don't want to mix snapshots and releases
2. I don't want to keep milestones, and I builds forever.
3. This makes it easier to weed out old/broken stuff. If something has
happened, we can delete the whole N/I/M repo and rebuild it. If we mix
stuff from several sources, cleaning up a mess will be a lot more work.
4. It allows consumers to make sure they don't pollute their projects
with unwanted stuff by accident.

So please also add

* nightly
* integration