Re: [cdt-dev] New Build System (-> xPacks/xcdl)

> On 23 Jun 2016, at 18:40, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> in my design each xPack contains all details required for the build
>> (where are the source folders, where are the include folders, and what
>> are the compile options for each folder/file), so automatically
>> generating the Makefile is not only possible, but expected.
>
> What you're doing is pretty different than what I was talking about. My
> statement is more about Managed Build and why I'm not sure it's the best
> approach for a lot of use cases

ah, I did not expect the current Managed Build to be of any use for my new build system.

> and how we need to support use cases such
> as yours better.

I don't know either, my initial plan was to write my build system completely from scratch.

but it's good to know that you considered to support use cases like mine.

> ... with my new system, I've eliminated the per project settings
> approach all together.

great!

regards,

Liviu