[cdt-dev] New Build System

Hey gang, I have just pushed my update for the new build system. It's now moved to cdt.core and can be found in the org.eclipse.cdt.core.build package and corresponding internal package.

It integrates with the EnvironmentVariableManager which is now the standard way to get the environment for builds and running scanner info and such. It also integrates with scanner info. Each ICBuildConfiguration is also an IScannerInfoProvider. Both of these are along side the existing ICConfigurationDescription framework and hopefully peacefully co-exist.

I have been able to remove the ILaunchTarget dependency from the build system. Launch delegates now need to figure out what toolchain corresponds to the target and then send that through the system to auto figure out the right build config for a given target.

There is a correspond change in the launchbar plugins. So please update your targets. Targets now have a bag of attributes and that's what is used to find matching toolchains.

I'm a little worried about how scanner info is plugged in so if you see unusual behaviour or a bad performance hit in the parsers, please let me know. And of course if you see anything else bad.

I'm going to move the Arduino C++ plug-ins to use the new system as well and I'll probably do a little work on CMake. Once I'm happy with the APIs, I'll write up a document describing it all. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please fire away.

Thanks!
Doug.

Back to the top