Re: [birt-dev] New BIRT Logo

Bonjour All,

after I have spoken with the support of 99Designs yesterday because of a bug of the 99Designs application and therefore I have partly been able to look behind the scenes, I would like to point out the following as far as my understanding is correct:

The concept of 99Desgings is that first a designer applies and is selected by an unknown board of trustees. Once selected he is among other things allowed to participate in competitions like Scott has announced. The participants of these competitions, who all “operate like employees” of 99Design, except for the winner, get nothing(!) for their designs!

This is a business model worse than Uber in the cab industry, because all designers who participate in the contest get to "drive", but only one gets paid for his ride.

I consider such behavior towards designers to be deeply unfair. 99Design always earns, except for one nobody anything. This is pure exploitation and taking advantage of the situation of many designers. I do not want to support such business models. They are against my ethics.

I ask for understanding for my statement. Community spirit and fairness are my roots to support the open source community which I stand for.

I apologize for my frank words.

Best

Christophe