Re: [birt-dev] New BIRT Logo

Hi You All !

I wrote a mail to EMO and got an answer back from Wayne as EMO member.

“The handbook has information regarding project logo crowdsourcing and funding.

https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#trademarks-project-logo

I read the document. The information relevant to the new logo can be found below:

1.      Be sure to create your project logo with a transparent background so that it will display well on arbitrary background colors.  The new logo already meets the desired requirement.

2.      Square logos are preferred and we recommend that the logo be sized to display well at the 200x200 pixels resolution maximum permitted by the project metadata. The new logo already meets the desired requirement.

3.      For a project’s official logo, the designer must ensure that it includes a small trademark (™)  or registered trademark (®) symbol (as appropriate) in the graphic or immediately adjacent to it. I will add a ™ to the new logo.

4.      The Eclipse Foundation will help fund the creation of project logo. A project leader or committer will have to pay for the logo design in advance. Once the logo is created, the project can then send the invoice to the Eclipse Foundation marketing team. The Foundation will reimburse up to €500 for the logo design. Is there a reader who would like to take over this part. I will have the current logo version finalized by our design team in the company if no one can be found.

Have a safe day

Christophe