Re: [babel-dev] Does Eclipse Babel suffer from the "not invented here" syndrome?

>  (besides, Pootle supports Java property files)
>  It does?  I couldn't find that. Can you point to that in the documentation?

Pootle natively supports po and xliff format. But he translate toolkit
as many converters including prop2po:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/prop2po

>  but there is a lot of features
> that really helps translators (including a revision workflow),
>  The other major feature we need that I couldn't find - perhaps you can help
> me - is an audit trail of where each string comes from/who contributed
> it/who edited it/etc.

Not sure about that, there are some feature that enable assignment and
goal setting per user.  There is a guide also that suggests that it
can be used for paid translations
(http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/guide/costing) so I guess you
should be able to track down who did what.

There is another guide on OpenOffice
(http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guides)

Claude

Back to the top