Re: [smarthome-dev] Merge strategy

Having used the rebase and merge on https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/pull/2354 right now, I noticed one bad thing about it: The link to the PR is lost in the commit history.
I very much liked to look at the commit history and have a clear link to the PRs from it - it is imho pretty useful for tracing discussions that let to certain commits.

I therefore would prefer to keep the squash and merge strategy - if there is a reason for separate commits, it should also be fine to do separate PRs.
The only exception might be code formatting commits, but imho we should try to keep it to a minimum.

Regards,
Kai