Re: [smarthome-dev] Merge strategy

Hm, right, by not having a merge commit anymore, we are losing the automatic references to the PRs, what is not nice.

I think it is therefore important to manually add the reference in the commit message, yes.
Should this be done by the author or the committer?
We would need to update the contributing documentation before we switch to this new mode. It probably also makes sense to do the same process changes in openHAB, so that contributors from there are not confused about what style has to be done where.