Re: [kura-dev] question about kura's configuration service

From: kura-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [kura-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Jens Reimann [jreimann@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 11:31 PM
To: Kura Developers mailing list
Subject: Re: [kura-dev] question about kura's configuration service

Hi Scott,

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 11:33 PM, Lewis, ScottX <scottx.lewis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jens,

<stuff deleted>

[Scott]  Do you expect these to be implemented via ConfigurationPlugins?

I have no expectations at the moment ;-) But if you have a good idea. let's discuss it!

[Scott]  FWIW, I do think that if possible, it would make sense to use the ConfigurationPlugin extension mechanism for ConfigurationAdmin.  We/Intel may have to create a ConfigurationPlugin ourselves that uses Metatype so I've been looking into this recently.

I don't think that all things can be achieved by the ConfigurationPlugins btw, some may be. But not all.

[Scott] I notice from looking that the draft specs that the ConfigurationPlugin api is getting an overhaul in OSGi R7 spec, so I imagine that they are attempting to make the ConfigurationAdmin service more extensible...without requiring a ConfigurationAdmin service replacement.

Scott

Back to the top