Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Updating Project / Component plans

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 3:00 PM, David Carver <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One reason I suggested a "Release" (i.e. go through review process) is that
> many people don't download and install Milestones.
[snip]

Yes, this what was in my mind as I mentioned it.

> So I agree with Oisin, that having a "Release" before the graduation is a
> good stepping stone to an official graduation.    Everything so far when
> JAXWS has asked for a build to be promoted,
[snip]

So we have a bit of a gallus gallus domesticus et ovum situation,
where a release looks like it would help solicit feedback on APIs,
and in the same action it serves to set those APIs in resin :)

What about - David W makes JAXWS part of the WTP milestones
post M2.  We, the committers prioritize our work into reviewing,
testing and documenting our APIs in the period M2-M3. A version
of JAXWS comes out in M3, blinking in the unfamiliar light. At
that point, JAXWS calls all its potential consumers to tell them
that the period M3-M5 is evaluation time. This should give us time
to act on feedback before the M6 API Freeze, and so we can
have a release/grad review on 10th March as David suggested.

What say you, JAXWS committers? David, does this sound ok
from the WTP and build perspectives?

 --oh

Back to the top