Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] XSLT 2.0 via Xalan

David Williams wrote:

Thoughts, comments, rotten eggs???

Sounds like you found it in the repository ... but it's not been released by Apache? My guess is, if it's not been released, we can't use it (that is, it would not be considered IP clean based on that alone).

You might ask or find out from an Apache Xalan list if/when they plan to release it ... if ever.

David there are several threads in regards to XSLT 2.0 support in the Xalan Dev mailing list. Basically, they have no plan to pick up development of the prototype code that was worked on in 2003.

http://www.nabble.com/Xalan-J-XSLT-2.0-status-to5766761.html#a5766761

The main issue for Xalan is committers willing to step forward and produce the product.

http://www.nabble.com/Apache-Members-Question%3A-Xalan-doing-XSLT-2.0--to15297522.html#a15297522

With that said, I know that this a grey area, and would be willing to create a bug report, attach the code to it, and then send it through IP review for a final say from the eclipse legal team. As can be seen from the thread above, there isn't a plan by the Apache Xalan PMC to work on this code.

Dave

Back to the top