RE: [vtp-dev] Access to platform variables

Todd-

            There’s good news and bad news in regard to the platform variables you are trying to reference.  We’ll start with the bad.  Currently there is no way to access these items within the built-in modules or through the custom module API.  The good news is that this feature is on the near horizon.  Access to these variables was lost when we introduced the platform abstraction layer into the runtime and designer.  These variables could be exposed by creating a custom platform that extends the basic functionality of the GenericVoicePlatform class in the org.eclipse.vtp.framework.kernel.spi package.  A simple example of this is located in the org.eclipse.vtp.framework.platforms.genesys package.  I would encourage you to submit a bug to the VTP Bugzilla so you can track our progress with it.

Trip Gilman

OpenMethods

4741 Central Street  |  Suite 285  |  Kansas City, MO  |  64112-1533

o| +1.816.283.VXML (8965) x102  c| +1.816.729.0672  f| +1.816.817.0643

trip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  www.openmethods.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.