RE: [vtp-dev] Prefilling variables before outbound call

Ken,

            I’ve reviewed the code that performs the extraction of variables from the initial web request.  All parameters provided by the initial request, whether in the query string or through the standard and multipart form post formats are placed into the call context.  The call context is simply a Map that stores these and other values used by the runtime.  You can access any of these initial parameters by using the Conversation interface provided in the Interaction interface execute method.  The Conversation interface has a pair of methods getValue() and setValue().  The names of the parameters will be preserved as-is.

Trip Gilman

OpenMethods

4741 Central Street  |  Suite 285  |  Kansas City, MO  |  64112-1533

o| +1.816.283.VXML (8965) x102  c| +1.816.729.0672  f| +1.816.817.0643

trip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  www.openmethods.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.