Re: [swtbot-dev] Moving build to Tycho

On 11/8/10 10:22 PM, Mickael Istria wrote:
Ok, I could go ahead today, and I have a (technical) question:
Where can I find an org.junit [4.3,4.5) bundle? I couldn't find it on
Helios or Orbit repositories. Do anyone of you have an idea of where to
get it?

@Ketan, I imagine that you've kept this strict dependency because you
have some use-cases where you can only use org.junit [4.3,4.5). Then I
think you have this bundle available somewhere... Do you have a clue for me?
Or maybe you don't really need to keep compatibility with older junit
anymore, so that we could remove this dependency? ;)

Expect a more detailed, elaborate rant filled with profanity about maven based on real life usage over the past few years on more than a dozen projects :)

But to answer your question:

This is a dependency of the junit4_x plugin. Some of the internal API in junit 4.3 was declared an API somewhere in a later version.

JUnit 4.3 ships with eclipse 3.4. Junit 4.5 ships with eclipse 3.5. Junit 4.8 ships with eclipse 3.6.

As far as compatibility is concerned, SWTBot needs to be compatible with eclipse 3.4. There's more downloads for swtbot/3.4 than there is for swtbot/3.6.

--
Ketan
http://ketan.padegaonkar.name | http://eclipse.org/swtbot

Back to the top