Re: [stp-dev] I've had pretty much enough of Eclipse web site editing :)

You can run jekyll:
jekyll --server

and check things out as you edit them.

Also your Textile text may be interpreted in different manners. For example the good folks over at Apache Buildr use Textile to build the website and deliver documentation in pdf format:
http://oss.intalio.com/2009/03/buildr-how-we-generate-the-documentation-web-site-and-pdf/

Yes, stp/bpmn may be removed, although I had placed a redirection on the index.php. I wanted to leave things there for as long as possible as people may have links to a specific page in there, but now that it had plenty of time to rot we should be good.

I don't think it would be a big deal for you to code the left nav bar yourself. You might even find a way to populate it with the right call to the Phoenix API (not sure, maybe they use JSON ?) but I doubt it somehow.
As long as you respect the CSS people shouldn't be able to see a difference anyway.

Note also that if you fancy doing some js, a good chunk of YUI has been accepted by Eclipse Legal for use on the Eclipse website. I respectfully dislike it very much, I much rather fancy jquery, but it is still better than nothing. I had tried pushing for jquery but Eclipse Legal wanted One JS lib to Rule Us All.

Thanks,

Antoine

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 12:09, Oisin Hurley <oisin.hurley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How about Textile+Jekyll ?

I've never heard of Jekyll, so I looked it up, something like that
would be good too - I can live with static pages.

The big thing for me is to be able to develop and run the site
locally. The current documented approach for the eclipse.org
hasn't worked for me, either functionality-wise, or efficiency-wise.

> You generate html static files, mostly, so things are very maintainable.
> I guess though that the Eclipse Phoenix framework is necessary for the left
> nav bar ; at least to get the links of the nav bar showing as configured in
> the portal. Unless you want to have everything handcoded ?

I'm cranky now, so it's easy to write that I don't care if there's
nothing from Phoenix in there, i.e. create a new web site on
a different domain and just do a redirect to that.

It's difficult enough to keep the website content maintained,
without the mechanics of it getting in the way.

I'm open to suggestions. I suppose the foundation would be
a little miffed if there wasn't that nav bar and look and the rest.

BTW Antoine, is the /stp/bpmn stuff on the STP site now
obsolete, since you have your own site for the BPMN Modeler?

 --oh

Back to the top