Re: [stp-dev] I've had pretty much enough of Eclipse web site editing :)

> How about Textile+Jekyll ?

I've never heard of Jekyll, so I looked it up, something like that
would be good too - I can live with static pages.

The big thing for me is to be able to develop and run the site
locally. The current documented approach for the eclipse.org
hasn't worked for me, either functionality-wise, or efficiency-wise.

> You generate html static files, mostly, so things are very maintainable.
> I guess though that the Eclipse Phoenix framework is necessary for the left
> nav bar ; at least to get the links of the nav bar showing as configured in
> the portal. Unless you want to have everything handcoded ?

I'm cranky now, so it's easy to write that I don't care if there's
nothing from Phoenix in there, i.e. create a new web site on
a different domain and just do a redirect to that.

It's difficult enough to keep the website content maintained,
without the mechanics of it getting in the way.

I'm open to suggestions. I suppose the foundation would be
a little miffed if there wasn't that nav bar and look and the rest.

BTW Antoine, is the /stp/bpmn stuff on the STP site now
obsolete, since you have your own site for the BPMN Modeler?

 --oh

Back to the top