Re: [stellation-res] Stellation status

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 09:28, Jonathan Gossage wrote:

> [...]

Thanks Jonathan.

> > > No, but we are working on it, with Windows support to be added (most
> likely
> > > by Jonathan) once new Linux install/build system stable.
> > >
> While the Windows version is not fully tested yet, I have been using it for
> some time without problems.

This means more good news for me.

> > I also  want to use Firebird to avoid licensing problems. The company
> > that hired me is currently using MySQL and didn't know about the changes
> > on the  license.
> >
> > Once I get access to CVS and recompile a new version of Stellation, I
> > will document the steps needed to use it with Firebird.
>
> I am hoping to start getting Firebird to go on my system tonight. What I
> have found most difficult is to correctly identify compatible pieces since
> some parts seem to come from the Firebird stream and others from the
> Interbase stream. A list of the required pieces and their download location
> would be helpful.

Forget about the InterBase stream. Borland repented from releasing
InterBase as open source and now they are only interested on making
money with it. They are even making InterBase incompatible with FireBird
by modifying a few features. In my personal opinion, they are not
playing a fair game.

You can get all you need from www.firebirdsql.org . However, you should
use the JDBC driver that is in the CVS server and not the release
downloadable from the official site.

As soon as I get CVS access, I will build the JDBC driver and put it in
my ftp site.

Regards,
Rodolfo

--