Re: [stellation-res] Stellation status

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 15:43, Dave Shields wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 08:55:37AM -0300, Rodolfo M.Raya wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After a long absence I'm in contact again.
> >

> Welcome back!

Thanks!

> > I'm worried because I will need to support Windows and Linux users
> > alike. Is the Windows port already working?
>
> No, but we are working on it, with Windows support to be added (most likely
> by Jonathan) once new Linux install/build system stable.
>

> > I will make all necessary changes to use Firebird on Windows and Linux.
> > But I don't know what needs to be done. Can anybody draft a list of
> > adjustments?
> >

> I know Mark would like to use firebird as soon as possible, as we have run
> into some licensing problems re MySQL. For a start, I would suggest trying to
> check out latest core, and seeing if you can get Firebird to pass the supplied
> tests. Ideally you would provide new file doc/firebird.html, describing how to
> install and configure Firebird for use with Stellation, so we add Firebird to
> the list of supported databases (we currently only support postgreSQL).

I also  want to use Firebird to avoid licensing problems. The company
that hired me is currently using MySQL and didn't know about the changes
on the  license.

Once I get access to CVS and recompile a new version of Stellation, I
will document the steps needed to use it with Firebird.

> > As I'm behind firewalls most of the time I don't have a current version
> > from CVS. I hope to be able to get one soon and compile it without
> > problems.
>
> We hope to have nightly builds available soon, which will permit retrieval
> without using CVS.

This will help a lot of people that currently is unable to try
Stellation.

Thanks again.

Rodolfo

--