Re: [stellation-res] Stellation status

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 11:03, Mark C. Chu-Carroll wrote:
The license change is only on the JDBC component, and only if you're
using the free version of it. The JDBC component is now full GPL,
instead of LGPL as it used to be. So unless you're redistributing code
that is dependent on the JDBC component, and you were relying on the
LGPL/GPL distinction specifically to make it possible [which is what
we were doing :-( ], then it shouldn't be a problem for you. If you
*were* relying on the JDBC component being LGPL, then you should talk
to your companies lawyers about how/whether this affects you.

	-Mark
Hi,

My company is using the free version of MySQL right now. I will add Stellation to their tool set, but using Firebird. As Stellation will be redistributed with the other tools, it would be better to use only one RDBMS, which should be Firebird to avoid licensing problems.

Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M.Raya <rmraya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Maxprograms