[smila-dev] RE: convention in logging exceptions

Log and throw makes only sense in a client-server architecture.
We have no clients except Jconsole and the JmxAgent, and these clients use JMX for the commmuncation,
thus Exceptions are not "forwarded".

I think we should use the Rule:
Never log and throw.
Because the "process" that catches the exception is responsible for logging.

Sebastian

Back to the top