From: smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Allan Kaufmann
Sent: 19 сентября 2008 г. 12:58
To: Smila project developer mailing list
Subject: [smila-dev] AW: Current Logging Settings

Hi,

about the different log-levels and messages, I had seen an error like this:

- try to give the content tag of a filesystem indexorder the attribute HashAttribute="true" - after starting the crawler with that indexorder I received a message that the crawler starts successfull, so it seems that there isn´t a problem
- but my crawler couldn´t crawl my files and the index hasn´t received entries
- I found following exception in my EILF.log:

2008-09-18 10:08:17,477 [Thread-14] INFO  filesystem.FileSystemCrawler - Initializing FileSystemCrawler...
 2008-09-18 10:08:17,520 [Thread-15] ERROR filesystem.FileSystemCrawler - Producer error
org.eclipse.eilf.datamodel.record.InvalidTypeException: Cannot use instance of class [B as literal value.
                at org.eclipse.eilf.datamodel.record.impl.LiteralImpl.setValue(LiteralImpl.java:308)
                at org.eclipse.eilf.connectivity.framework.utils.ConnectivityMObjectHelper.addSimpleLiteralAttribute(ConnectivityMObjectHelper.java:110)
                at org.eclipse.eilf.connectivity.framework.crawler.filesystem.FileSystemCrawler$CrawlingProducerThread.createDIData(FileSystemCrawler.java:498)
                at org.eclipse.eilf.connectivity.framework.crawler.filesystem.FileSystemCrawler$CrawlingProducerThread.treeWalk(FileSystemCrawler.java:454)
                at org.eclipse.eilf.connectivity.framework.crawler.filesystem.FileSystemCrawler$CrawlingProducerThread.processFolder(FileSystemCrawler.java:424)
                at org.eclipse.eilf.connectivity.framework.crawler.filesystem.FileSystemCrawler$CrawlingProducerThread.run(FileSystemCrawler.java:393)

So while jconsole tells that the crawler starts successful, no other message tells that the crawler couldn´t insert the information to index.

I think it could be helpful if users received errors like this and if log error gives important information like this but not too much. Currently the EILF.log shows much, so that exceptions and error like this could be overlooked.

Greetings
Allan