Re: [platform-releng-dev] Performance re-testing on releases and 3.1 milestones

I have a question regarding the measure used in the assertions. If we do not explicitly specify whether to take CPU Time or Elapsed Process, which one is used as default?

Tobias

Dienstag, 12. April 2005 23:17
To: platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
From: Sonia Dimitrov <Sonia_Dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [platform-releng-dev] Performance re-testing on releases and 3.1   milestones

Starting this Friday, we would like to run performance tests on previous releases (starting at 2.1.3) and 3.1 milestones to generate a new history of performance measurements on four newly configured performance test machines.  These will consist of two identical "slower" machines (Intel P4 2 GHz, 512 MB RAM) and two identical "fast" machines (Intel P4 3 GHz, 2 gig RAM) which will run Windows XP (SP1) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 3.  This task will require approximately 80 hours to complete and if all goes smoothly, we expect to have all the re-testing done by Wednesday April 20.

Please see http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-releng-home/performance_test_plan.htm for further details and background.

In order for us to proceed, we ask ALL teams using CPU Time in assertions and summaries (ie. fingerprints) to switch to using Elapsed Process in HEAD and perf_* streams of your tests where needed by 11pm (Ottawa time) Thursday, April 14.

Please respond to this list with questions or comments.

Sonia

Back to the top