Re: [platform-dev] [platform-swt-dev] SWT-GTK3 bugs for 4.9

Hello,

On 06/08/2018 08:01 AM, Robert Zenz wrote:
On 01.06.2018 17:24, Eric Williams wrote:

In practice, GTK3 bugs specific to Ubuntu 16.04 are already ignored -- we will
accept patches for them but otherwise no time is spent on these issues.

Wouldn't that be a reason to keep it around, to make sure that these systems can
switch to the GTK+2 implementation to circumvent bugs?

I would rather people upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS than still use 16.04. Apart from an up-to-date GTK3, Ubuntu 18.04 uses GNOME which also resolves a lot of Ubuntu specific bugs. There were also a lot of theme fixes for 18.04 which make quite a difference IIRC.

Though, giving this some more thought, my previous arguments are pretty much
moot, as you and Aleksandar have pointed out. I might be one of the few which
are using SWT with the GTK+2 implementation because the biggest part of my DE is
still GTK+2.

Is this the only reason? Or are there some other SWT GTK3 bugs which prevent you from using SWT-GTK3? The DE being GTK2 shouldn't be an issue when running SWT-GTK3.

Eric

Back to the top