[platform-debug-dev] context-sensitive launching

I want to take advantage of context-sensitive launching in our product, but don't want to provide a launch shortcut. Looking at the platform code, it seems that's not possible. No doubt I'm overlooking something, but I don't see why the context sensitive launch logic absolutely requires a shortcut. Launch configurations can have an association with an IResource, and the ones created by our product do (they are associated with projects). Seems to me, given the currently selected IResource, the platform should be able to find the (first) launch configuration associated with it--without any involvement of a shortcut.

I imagine a context sensitive launch incorporating this logic:

for (each launch configuration)
{
 - is this launch configuration associated with the selected IResource
   - if yes, launch it
- if no, is this launch configuration associated with the project the IResource belongs to
      - if yes, launch it
}

I suppose there is something I'm not considering. If a shortcut truly is necessary, I don't mind contributing a shortcut, but I don't want it accessible to the user. That is, I should be able to contribute the shortcut for the sake of the meta information that the context-sensitive launch apparently needs, but I don't want it appearing as an action the user can invoke. That, too, doesn't seem possible today.

John

Back to the top