Re: AW: [platform-debug-dev] Variables View updated on DebugEvent.CLIENT_REQUEST, not DebugEvent.STEP_END

This sounds correct, and should work (it works for other debuggers :-).
You do not need to fire a suspend CLIENT_REQUEST to get variables to
update.

Something else must be wrong... you may want to turn on some debug tracing
to see what is happening:

* in debug.core, turn on the "debug" and "debug/events" tracing flags
* in debug.ui, turn on the "debug" and "debug/viewers/deltas" flags

Darin

Ronaldo Ronaldino <ronaldo_ronaldino@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/07/2009 10:04 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."
<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."
<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
AW: [platform-debug-dev] Variables View updated on
DebugEvent.CLIENT_REQUEST, not DebugEvent.STEP_END

> When the step starts, what event is fired? It should be a
> DebugEvent...STEP_OVER (or STEP_INTO/STEP_RETURN), to correspond with
the
> STEP_END.
>
> Darin

In the PDADebugTarget.step() function, the DebugEvent.STEP_OVER is fired.
In EventDispatchJob.run() (where the previous snippet comes from), the
code from the article fires DebugEvent.STEP_END. As described, this does
not work for me. I have to replace this with DebugEvent.CLIENT_REQUEST for
the Variables View to update properly, and I don't understand why.
Does the behaviour depend on which Thread fires the events? I have moved
some parts from EventDispatchJob.run() to
PDADebugTarget.suspend/suspended/resume/resumed().

Thanks
Ronaldo