AW: [platform-debug-dev] Variables View updated on DebugEvent.CLIENT_REQUEST, not DebugEvent.STEP_END

> When the step starts, what event is fired? It should be a
> DebugEvent...STEP_OVER (or STEP_INTO/STEP_RETURN), to correspond with the
> STEP_END.
>
> Darin

In the PDADebugTarget.step() function, the DebugEvent.STEP_OVER is fired.
In EventDispatchJob.run() (where the previous snippet comes from), the code from the article fires DebugEvent.STEP_END. As described, this does not work for me. I have to replace this with DebugEvent.CLIENT_REQUEST for the Variables View to update properly, and I don't understand why.
Does the behaviour depend on which Thread fires the events? I have moved some parts from EventDispatchJob.run() to PDADebugTarget.suspend/suspended/resume/resumed().

Thanks
Ronaldo

Back to the top