RE: [platform-ant-dev] HEAD dependencies are a bad thing

> But if our contribution to the Integration build isn't
> written against the HEAD version of our dependant
> projects, the integration builds wouldn't compile. :-)

True, but making fixes to allow for changes in external APIs at the end of a
cycle is less disruptive to development during the bulk of the week. There
is a trade off of course--we'd have few iterations for integration, but it
doesn't appear to me that what we have now is really continuous integration
either. In both cases where I've discovered these compile problems, they'd
existed in the wild for a while.

Perhaps when we have a stable environment into which we introduce HEAD
dependencies we could label the external plugins so that at least there
would be something to which others could fall back. I found myself dead in
the water twice this week because of compile errors in other plugins.

John-Mason

If you were not an intended recipient,