Re: [photran] Inline array assignment -- Texer Error

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 08:27, Wade, Darren W wrote:
> You are correct that the compiler does its job seperate of the Eclipse
> GUI, but the development team has been kind enough to give us a parsing
> engine that shows module, function, procedural and type information in
> the Outline view.  I think this is the precursor of hooking into the
> engine that allows code completion and all of the other goodies within
> the Eclipse architecture.

   Thanks for your response.  Just by way of a comment, I personally dislike and, where possible, disable software which second-guesses what I'm trying to do.

   In this case it seems the Eclipse parsing engine inserts itself between the the underlying compiler and the user, and additional confusion could result from incompatibilities between the parsing engine and the particular compiler which happens to be in use.  Indeed this seems to have happened in the case being discussed.

   Please make the option one which can be enabled & disabled.

Regards,
David

Back to the top