Re: [phoenix-dev] Interesting Quote

We have to balance our current community's desire for a single big button download for the Java IDE and our future community builder efforts, i.e., that we use the home page to signal/direct where we (the collective membership and community) want Eclipse to go in the future.  If we *only* cater to our existing community, we will slowly (quickly?) become irrelevant as the world changes out from under us. Hence my suggestion for two buttons to promote the idea that we have a client side and a run-time side. True, our current community is almost all going to press the client-side download button, but at the same time we'll be planting the seed of the idea that we have a run-time side.
The runtime download might already be too special but can probably be there as well but with a less promoting button.

--
[end of message]

Back to the top