Re: [phoenix-dev] Home page RC2

Denis Roy wrote:
> The changes being made are purely cosmetic: removing lines, backgrounds,
> changing colours, etc. The overall page structure and layout haven't
> changed from RC1 to RC2. We're quickly winding down the active design,
> so I don't understand why more review time would be needed.

In a typical design phase there is not just one day time of review
comments. In fact, it's a multi-step, iterative process.

a - People are provided with 3 to 5 variations
b - People select one to continue with
c - a+b are repeated 3-5 times

However, for the homepage we only got one final design and people were
asked to provide comments. This process takes more time than the typical
design process and requires a lot more iterations than the process above.

I also think that we are missing some iterations.

2006-09-20 "alpha" release (bug 158009)
2006-10-03 "beta" release (bug 159588 was opened)
2006-10-10 RC2 release

So where is RC1? I also think that given the amount of changes between
"beta" and "RC2" it's not correct to call it "*Second* Release
Candidate". A RC2 is usually ready to become a final release without any
changes.

CU, Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht