Re: [phoenix-dev] Home page RC2

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
justifies a shorter review cycle -- I don't agree (I think we (you guys) are still making larger changes, but it's not my decision.

The changes being made are purely cosmetic: removing lines, backgrounds, changing colours, etc. The overall page structure and layout haven't changed from RC1 to RC2. We're quickly winding down the active design, so I don't understand why more review time would be needed.

D.

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
I agree that we (you guys really) have been gathering feedback for over a month. I was just pointing out that giving the Phoenix team and the larger ecosystem only one day to review this version seems a bit short. In typical Eclipse projects, the rate of change decreases in each milestone at the same time the inter-milestone/release candidate interval decreases. You may argue at "new home page RC2" is only a small change from "new home page RC1" and that justifies a shorter review cycle -- I don't agree (I think we (you guys) are still making larger changes, but it's not my decision.

Anyway, it's just my opinion.

Ian Skerrett wrote:

Bjorn,

It the group needs more time to provide feedback then we can certainly move the date.   However, we have been collecting feedback for well over 1 month, so I feel like we should be moving to close down the development and move on to other things.   Considering you are the process king how would you suggest we finish up the project?

Ian