RE: [mylyn-integrators] Handling synchronization in a connector

Dennis Rietmann wrote on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 7:22 PM:

> I didn't implement such a method "updateOfflineState" in my 2.3
> compliant connector. Also if the default sync behavior is fine I don't
> think you need to do anything with RepositorySychronizationManager (at
> least I didn't). According to the api contract you don't need to
> implement updateTaskFromRepository if you use task data - but you
> should override updateTaskFromTaskData in the connector in any case.
> If you would like you can have a look at my rather small (compared to
> bugzilla/trac) but (almost*) fully functional 2.3 connector at
> https://svn.origo.ethz.ch/origo/ide/trunk/MylynIntegration/

Thanks, Dennis!  I'll definitely take a look.

I think that I was already looking at some of your old posts to the
Mylyn newsgroup about how to structure the task data.  I agree with your
assessment there that it's not very clear how to write a simple
connector (leveraging a web UI, for example) at first and then later
move on to implement rich editing in the connector.  It's not that the
Mylyn connectors are terribly hard to write, but it's just difficult to
figure out which methods are needed for which use cases.

Thanks, again.

--
Tom Bryan <tombry@xxxxxxxxx>
Cisco Systems