RE: [mylyn-integrators] Handling synchronization in a connector

Tom Bryan (tombry) wrote on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 2:36 PM:

> The wiki says: "If your first basic plugin works, you should handle
> synchronization. Please note that the method for synchronization is
> called updateOfflineState (AbstractRepositoryConnector) instead of
> just synchronize()."
>
> I'm not sure whether that's a 3.0 change.  I see no updateOfflineState
> method in 2.3.
>
> Any hints for those of us still integrating with the 2.3?

For this part of my question, it appears that in Mylyn 2.3 uses the
RepositorySynchronizationManager.synchronize(AbstractRepositoryConnector
,Set<AbstractTask>) method to handle the synchronization logic.  So, it
looks like we get synchronization for free once we implement methods,
such as updateTaskFromRepository, in our
RepositorySychronizationManager.  But that's not the whole answer since,
if TaskDataHandler.canGetMultiTaskData() returns true, a multi-sync is
triggered.  I assume that this really requires some other things to be
implemented in the RepositoryConnector or the TaskDataHandler for my
connector, but I'm still tracing through some of this code at the
moment.

--
Tom Bryan <tombry@xxxxxxxxx>
Software Engineering Solutions (SES)