Re: [mylyn-dev] Re: hudson connector

>> I used JAXB 2.2 and didn't set a target since version 2.2 of the
>> java.xml.bindins bundle were approved for reuse in Mylyn. Please
>> comment on the bug if you recommend setting that. I'd be happy to
>> regenerate the bindings.
>
> OK, got it. It would help to set the version in the MANIFEST.MF...

Good point. I have fixed this in head.

>>> The plan is to completely hide the task API from the Hudson plugin,
>>> right? So if I need access to additional APIs I change the Builds
>>> plugins accordingly.
>> Yes, my current sense is that there is nothing in the build framework
>> API that is inherently coupled to tasks. If necessary I don't have a
>> problem with coupling it to tasks since the implementation is build on
>> tasks either way but I would like to avoid an API dependency as long
>> as possible.
>
> Well, as far as I understand the plan is to refactor common things out
> of the task API, at least on long term, right?

Yes, we definitely want to reuse existing implementations as much as
possible, e.g. for form based editors. For generic components we can
also consider moving them to o.e.mylyn.commons.ui to make these
available to other components as well.

Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel