Re: [mylyn-dev] Re: hudson connector

On 05/31/2010 08:27 PM, Steffen Pingel wrote:

>> Looks great, but did you use "-target 2.0" for the JAXB generation? The
>> errors with XmlSeeAlso look awful familiar...
> I used JAXB 2.2 and didn't set a target since version 2.2 of the
> java.xml.bindins bundle were approved for reuse in Mylyn. Please
> comment on the bug if you recommend setting that. I'd be happy to
> regenerate the bindings.

OK, got it. It would help to set the version in the MANIFEST.MF...

>> Already played a bit with it yesterday (after spending like two hours
>> figuring out that I have to use Helios :-/).
> I admit that I didn't pay much attention to the version constraints in
> the manifests or backwards compatibility since committers usually work
> on the latest 3.6 milestones. I have fixed the emf dependency so it
> should compile on 3.5 now. My hope is that we can release the first
> version of the Hudson connector as part of Mylyn 3.5 so it probably
> makes sense to keep it compatible with Eclipse 3.5 right from the
> start.

Thanks, but now I have already set up Helios. Will keep compatible with
Eclipse 3.5 in mind.

>> The plan is to completely hide the task API from the Hudson plugin,
>> right? So if I need access to additional APIs I change the Builds
>> plugins accordingly.
> Yes, my current sense is that there is nothing in the build framework
> API that is inherently coupled to tasks. If necessary I don't have a
> problem with coupling it to tasks since the implementation is build on
> tasks either way but I would like to avoid an API dependency as long
> as possible.

Well, as far as I understand the plan is to refactor common things out
of the task API, at least on long term, right?

Best regards,
Markus

Back to the top