[mylyn-dev] Re: hudson connector

On 05/31/2010 12:30 AM, Steffen Pingel wrote:

> I have made some progress on the build framework in the past couple of
> days. I have committed a very simple EMF-based common build model and
> view and also generated the Hudson model classes for JAXB.

Looks great, but did you use "-target 2.0" for the JAXB generation? The
errors with XmlSeeAlso look awful familiar...

> The next step is to implement the build connector extension for Hudson
> and to put together a simple client that retrieves plans and status
> from a Hudson server. Can you go ahead and create tasks for that and
> provide patches? You can look at the o.e.m.builds.tests plug-in to get
> an idea how register a build connector.

Already played a bit with it yesterday (after spending like two hours
figuring out that I have to use Helios :-/).

> Note that the build implementation and particularly the API is work in
> progress and we can and probably will change it significantly to make
> it fit for Hudson. Please don't hesitate to include changes that
> affect the build API or build framework implementation in your
> patches.

The plan is to completely hide the task API from the Hudson plugin,
right? So if I need access to additional APIs I change the Builds
plugins accordingly.

Best regards,
Markus

Back to the top